Hi! I'm Lipi Gupta.

I had an adventure this summer in Agra, India trying to make a difference in the lives of 35 young women of Nagla Kharga Village. I'd like to share my experience with you; I hope their stories move you as much as they have inspired me! Thank you for reading and feel free to contact me [by posting a comment/question] if I can be of assistance in any way, in a similar endeavor of yours!

Project SHAKTI was funded as one of 2009's 100 Projects for Peace.

Project SHAKTI Overview

Search This Blog

UPDATE October 2009

  • The girls who enrolled in school have reintegrated school as a part of their lives and have maintained their new tighter schedule. For example: Praveen, whom we had given money for books and English classes, has purchased her books and goes to college with her older brother.
  • Many girls are out of town staying with their extended relatives in celebration of Diwali.

No comments:

Post a Comment